Rock Your Blog: Resources

Rock-Your-Blog-1I have a handful of blogs that I read often daily and learn from to help me grow as a blogger and designer while fine tuning my own blog into more of what I want it to be.

Here is a brief list of posts and serieses (sereisi? seriesen?) that cover a wide range of topics to help you build your blog into something great.

If you know of something that ought to be in this list, please leave it in the comments.

Rockin’ Helps and How-To’s:

12 comments

12 Comments »

1. Kate said:

I think ‘series’ itself would be enough… it’s like ‘sheep’, New Zealand doesn’t have 12 sheeps per person, it has 12 sheep per person….

Posted on January 15, 2007 at 4:48 pm

2. C. Wess Daniels said:

great list, a number of these I frequent as well.

Posted on January 15, 2007 at 10:16 pm

3. Victor said:

Looks like an interesting list of articles. This list is going into del.icio.us for future reference. I’m running TextPattern for my blog. Do you have any TextPattern specific how-tos or topics?

Posted on January 16, 2007 at 3:26 am

4. Shawn said:

@C.W: Thanks man.

@Victor: I am unfamiliar with TextPattern. I don’t know how devoted you are to it, but perhaps you could migrate your blog to WordPress. There is a growing community of developers for WP and it’s only getting stronger.

Posted on January 16, 2007 at 9:58 am

5. Ryan said:

Thanks for the shout out Shawn!

Victor – I’d consider switching to WordPress. I was a Textpattern user/developer, but I finally got frustrated with the lack of development and tag limitations. They went almost a full year without an update, which was really frustrating for me.

Wordpress is a little bit more complex to customize, but it is also much more flexible. I’d suggest giving it a try and seeing how you like it. It’s pretty simple to import content from Textpattern, so you wouldn’t lose any data.

Posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:07 am

6. Victor said:

I’ve used WordPress for a while. Couldn’t get used to the WYSIWYG editor and having to edit html if I don’t use the WYSIWYG editor. I’m sufficiently proficient in using Textpattern template and Textile, so I’ll be sticking with Textpattern for the meantime. Textpattern’s admin interface needs some work though.

Textpattern is only a tool in making my blog rock. The other posts in the list of how to and tips is more important once I have a decently designed Textpattern template up and running.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Appreciate it.

Posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:43 am

7. Shawn said:

@Ryan: No problem. I’m glad to point people your way.

@Victor: If the WYSIWYG editor is your only hitch, you could try a desktop publisher like Ecto. Also, in the latest update of WP the WYSIWYG editor got a little update too.

Posted on January 16, 2007 at 6:26 pm

8. Ryan said:

Victor: there is a handy little Textile Plugin for WordPress.

It is only a tool, but the strength of that tool is your foundation.

Posted on January 17, 2007 at 12:25 pm

9. Are You New to Blogging? | Fighting to Stay Awake said:

[...] Resourses [...]

Posted on March 7, 2007 at 3:13 pm

10. cgreality said:

?? ????????? ????? ???????????? ??????? ???????????? ? ?????????? ??????????. ??-??????, ???????????? ? ?????????? – ?????????? ???????? ??????????. ??-??????, ???????????? ? ?????????? ????? ????????? ? ??? ??????? ????????? ??????. ??? ??????? ??? ??????? ??????????? ??? ???????????? ???????????? ? ??????????, ?? ?????? ?????????????? ????. ????? ????, ???????? ? ?????????? ??????? ???????, ??? ??????, ? ??? ? ????. ???????? ?????? – ???????? ????? ????????????? ??????????? ??????? ????????????. ??? ???????????? ???????????? ? ???????? ????? ?????????? ????? ?? ?????????? ???? ?????? ? ????????? ?? ????? 10.000 ????. ??? ???? ????? ??????? ? ???????? – ?????????? ??????? ??????? ???? ? ??????. ???????? – ???? ?????????. ?????????? ???????????? ? ????????, ?? ??????????? ??????? ????? ?? ????? ?????????? ????? ????. ???????? ? ???????? ????? ?????? ???????? ?? ????.

Posted on May 24, 2009 at 7:47 pm

11. cgreality said:

???????????? ? ?????????? ????? ?????????? ? ???????? ????????, ??? ??????????. ?????????? ???????????? ? ?????????? ?? ??????? ??????????? ???? ???????? ???????? ?, ????? ????, ????????? ???????? ??? ??? ?? ?????? ?????????????? ????. ??? ??????? ?????? ??????? ???????? ? ?????????? ??????? ?? ??????????. ??? ?? ?????????? ???????? ??????, ??? ????????? ?????? ??? ??????????? ???????????? ? ??????????. ???????????? ? ???????? ????? ???????? ??? ??????????? ??????????. ?????? ????? ? ????????? ?? ????? 10 ????, ?? ?????? ?????????? ???????????? ? ????????. ???????????? ? ?????????? ??? ? ???????? ????????? ??? ??????? ???????, ??? ? ?????? ?? ???????????? ?????????

Posted on May 24, 2009 at 7:48 pm

12. Caitlin Posas said:

That is an amazing post, i love reading the information on this blog.

Posted on October 9, 2010 at 5:34 pm